As a small local business specializing in building and selling handcrafted, luxury mattresses from all-natural materials, we offer a casual but professional work environment with flexible hours and ample opportunity for creativity, innovation, and growth.
We value sustainability and transparency, focus on creating meaningful relationships with our customers, and provide the opportunity to be part of Calgary's growing independent maker community. Come join us!
In approximately equal parts you will be spending your time and energy in three areas: marketing, customer service/admin, showroom sales.
The marketing focus is where you will be developing and overseeing our marketing strategy, implementing digital advertising campaigns, and managing our social media accounts. While we have several interesting initiatives that are underway, there are several more that we are looking to implement in 2021, and where you will have the opportunity to add creativity and input while working with the rest of the management team.
A significant part of what sets us apart from other companies is our level of customer service. This includes helping with questions, navigating the different options we offer, and determining what might work best, based on a customer's needs. More specifically this includes email responses, taking phone calls and, of course, the administrative work required to insure every customer has a great experience.
Part of our continued success is a result of our customer base that continually generates new customers who recommend friends, family, and coworkers. Chances are prospective customers have already heard good things about us, and are interested to experience for themselves what makes Black Sheep Mattresses unique and a great option. Telling the story, and helping customers determine what might work best for them in a no pressure environment is something that is actually quite enjoyable. Everyone has their own story around sleep, and helping our customers get a better night's rest is an incredibly rewarding experience.
This is a full-time maternity leave position (12 months) with potential to turn into a full-time permanent role.
- Answering the phone
- Email responses
- Setting up appointments
- Coordinating mattress deliveries and adjustments
- Following up with customers
- Making customers feel welcome
- Learning in detail the different products we offer and their application
- Assisting customers in their decision making process
- Ensuring the showroom is clean and tidy
- Marketing Strategy:
- Develop and oversee marketing strategy with strong focus on digital advertising and content publishing
Coordination of Digital Advertising:
- Manage Google Adwords account
- Implement Instagram and Facebook ad campaigns
- Develop improvements to SEM and SEO campaigns
- Provide reporting on analytics across all digital platforms
- Social Media Content Management:
- Engage in social media community by liking, commenting and sharing
- Create social media calendar
- Create digital content in collaboration with communications team; including photo, video, newsletter, and blog content
- Oversee regular posting on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Implement new strategies and campaigns for organic social media engagement
- Graphic design - create in-store and online graphics, streamline visual materials and branding
- Develop or improve additional marketing opportunities - i.e. networking or sales events, retail and designer partnerships, referral rewards programs, etc.
- Administrative support as needed
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to work collaboratively with a team, and with positivity and passion with our customers
- Creativity and innovation, with confidence to take initiative, act decisively, and work independently when necessary
- Demonstrated ability to create, implement and analyze marketing strategy, especially digital marketing
- Strong competency in Google Adwords, Instagram, Facebook, and other social media platforms and tools (i.e. Later, Hootsuite), and their respective analytics
- Up-to-date with latest social media trends and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to manage a budget, analyze digital metrics and provide reporting
- Post-secondary education in marketing, business, communications or related field preferred
- Preference given to candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas: graphic design, video, photography, sales, networking
- Experience/passion in sustainability and/or local business development considered an asset
- Applications accepted until November 30, 2020. Interviews will be conducted first half of December.
- Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com