Your mask purchases contribute to our ongoing mask donation program. A portion of the masks we're making go to local organizations serving Calgary's more vulnerable populations and the frontline workers supporting them.
To date, we've contributed mask donations to:
- Enviros - frontline social work programs for at-risk youth
- Birth Unlimited - distributing masks to new and expectant mothers going through the birth process during this challenging time
- The Alex Centre - to distribute to clients including impoverished Calgarians and homeless youth
- Emma House - a non-profit dedicated to breaking the cycle of homelessness among pregnant women and youth
- Calgary Seniors' Resource Society - an innovative organization that strives to keep seniors healthy, independent and safe in their homes as long as possible.
- East Village Carya - providing a full spectrum of interactive counselling and development services for people of all ages — from babies to youth to older adults — and their support network.
- And finally, a small number of mask donations have gone to a local business near and dear to our hearts - Urban Courier - our Calgary delivery service. This amazing team has been ensuring mattresses get to the people who need them during this challenging time.
...and more are on the way!
We know there are many other amazing organizations out there in need of masks for their staff, volunteers and clients. While we do have limited production capacity - if you know of a charitable group that could use mask donations, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our best to accommodate it.